Written By: Marie J. Francois
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! As we seek the face of GOD even more, I pray that this blog post blesses each of you and those you choose to share it with!
I don’t know about you all but I’m excited for what GOD has promised me. One of the promises He made over my life, was that He has a husband for me. There are so many masterclasses, relationship books, seminars and the list goes on for the single community so much so that in 2018 I got fed up! I’m all for preparing for my future marriage but I don’t want us to be so anxious for it that we turn to every “expert” except the greatest expert of them all; the one who created love & marriage. That’s right folks, GOD!
We have complicated things so much. And the idea of “the one” has been misconstrued and has some of us walking around in real confusion. GOD has already told us in His Word what to look for and what is acceptable in His eyes. He has literally given us a Habakkuk 2:2 in the form of the Bible for us to use when deciding if someone is our spouse. If we take what He has given us and run with it, we will be better than good! So I’m about to share some scripture that GOD has given us as a reminder that we are not abandoned in this world and specifically when it comes to knowing if we are supposed to marry that person that we have been praying and fasting to GOD about! Let us not ignore one of the greatest tools that He has given us, His Holy Word!
- Genesis 2:18 (she is supposed to help you in what GOD has called you do)
- Proverbs 31:10-31 (the qualities of a godly wife)
- Proverbs 19:14 (GOD sends this wife)
- Proverbs 25:24 (warning of a contentious wife)
- Ephesians 5:22-23 (before marriage does she respect you in a way that gives you peace to know she will have no issue submitting to you in marriage)
- 2 Timothy 3:6 (warning from certain men: wolves in sheep clothing)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (the indication of real love)
- Galatians 5:19-23 (the characteristics you should be looking out and for in a person and as it relates to who you think is your spouse)
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (do they truly love GOD and have a relationship with Him)
- Ephesians 5:25-26 (does he know GOD's Word to wash you with it, is he growing in the Word of GOD to love you like GOD commands a husband to; and is this someone you can submit to and trust to lead you and your future family)
GOD is definitely aligning kingdom relationships, where He is the true foundation of them all; let us use His Word as our guide and the lamp unto our feet as we move forward. Trust Him enough to know that even if the decision is ours to make, He is with us every step of the way. He is that Abba Father who never leaves us nor forsakes us!
P.S. many speak from their level of experience, understanding and wisdom, I don't know about you but I want wisdom and understanding directly from the One who is able to give it me! I have no problem with hearing advice but at the end of it all, I'm taking that advice to the source Himself, Jesus Christ!