Hey Sis. So fill me in, what have you been up to?
Update and reminder that you are not alone!
“Ya gurl” has been doing the most! I’m determined to show you all that there’s much for us to do out here. We have a life to go out and live, even before marriage comes. I believe in you like I believe in myself!
A few weeks ago I signed up for a dating app and cancelled it only minutes later. *insert smirk*At first it was because I was nervous but the truth is I knew I wasn’t supposed to be focusing on when and how my future husband was going to find me. Since the beginning of 2019, I knew I was supposed to be focusing on writing, yet there I was on an app swiping up and down. That wasn’t all, just a few days ago I tried to give it another shot, but this time I found myself surrounded by insecurities and fear of being rejected. This time it lasted 2 days, but I came to terms, online dating wasn’t it. I’ve heard beautiful testimonies of how online dating worked out well for other believers but I knew for me it wasn’t my route; not to mention that I am supposed to be working in my purpose. Again timing is everything, if in this season GOD has assigned us specific tasks to complete, but we aren’t focused, those tasks will just linger unfulfilled by us.
Suppose you were a student who used an online program to complete all school tasks. In order to go to the next module/assignment etc, you would need to complete the one prior; or work would be deemed incomplete. Well envision the same when it comes to our lives.
In 2018 GOD had already told me to focus, not on getting ready for marriage but to focus on helping those I was called and chosen to bless.
What knocked you off of your track? Was it worry, frustration, distractions, the blessings of others, what was it? What has GOD assigned for you to do in this time? Could you be focusing more on that than you have been?
GOD’s timing is protection, preparation and precise; never is it punishment. Don’t you see He would rather make sure we are ready for what we’ve been praying for rather than just giving it to us? It may sound cliché but it’s the truth!
- Philippians 4:6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 There
is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.
- Jeremiah 29:11-12 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
- John 9: 4 I must work the works of him that has sent me while it is day. The night is coming, when no one can work.